Diploma of Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Sarajevo, 1990
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1992
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1999
Communication and Information Theory, Coding and Sequence Theory, Signal Processing and Representation, Cellular and Wireless LAN Systems, Adhoc and Sensor Networks.
Awards and Recognitions
Publications Editor,IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory (since 2008).
Technical Program Co-Chair, IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium 2010.
Associate Editor, IEEE Communications Letters (2002-2005).
Co-Chair, DIMACS Princeton-Rutgers Seminar Series in Information Sciences and Systems (2003-2004).
IEEE Rutgers Chapter Student Advisor (since 2002).
Lucent Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded by WINLAB, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Rutgers University, 2001.
Referee Award, awarded by the IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 1999.
Graduate Enhancement Fellowship awarded by the Electrical Engineering Department, Texas A&M University for research success, September 1997.
Golden Pin Award, awarded by Electrical Engineering School, University of Sarajevo for overall GPA, May 1990.
Second Place, Electric Circuit Theory National Championship, former Yugoslavia, 1987.
Recent Journal Articles
- Y. Li, E. Soljanin, P. Spasojevic, "Collecting Coded Coupons Over Generations," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory (accepted 2010).
- H. Liu, L. Razoumov, N. Mandayam, and P. Spasojevic, "An optimal power allocation scheme for the STC hybrid-ARQ over energy limited networks," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.8, no.12, December 2009, pp.5718-5722.
- S. Kokalj-Filipovic, P. Spasojevic, and R.D. Yates, Geographic Data Propagation in Location-Unaware Wireless Sensor Networks: A Two-Dimensional Random Walk Analysis. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 27(7): September 2009, pp. 1158-1168.
- S. Kokalj-Filipovic, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, Doped fountain coding for minimum delay data collection in circular networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 27(5): June 2009, pp. 673-684.
- X. Tang, R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and H. V. Poor, "On the Throughput of Secure Hybrid-ARQ Protocols for Gaussian Block-Fading Channels," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory vol. 55, no. 4, Apr. 2009, pp 1575- 1591.
- D. Wu and P. Spasojevic, "Complementary set matrices satisfying a column correlation constraint", IEEE Trans. Information Theory, July, 2008.
- R. Liu, I. Maric, P. Spasojevic and R. D. Yates, "Discrete Memoryless Interference and Broadcast Channels with Confidential Messages: Secrecy Capacity Regions," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, June 2008.
- R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, "Incremental Redundancy Cooperative Coding for Wireless Networks Cooperative Diversity, Coding, and Transmission Energy Gain," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, Mar. 2008.
- G. Lu, L. Greenstein, and P. Spasojevic, "Spectral and Spatial Properties of Antennas for Transmitting and Receiving UWB Signals," Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on, Volume 57, Jan. 2008 Page(s):243 - 249.
- R. Liu, J. Luo, and P. Spasojevic, "Adaptive Transmission with Variable-Rate Turbo Bit-Interleaved Coded Modulation," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Volume 6, November 2007.
- G. Lu, L. Greenstein, and P. Spasojevic, "A new probability density function enhancing packet detection analysis for low SNR links, " IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology , May 2007.
- L. Lin, R. Yates, P. Spasojevic, "Adaptive transmission with finite code rates," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, Vol. 52, no 5, pp. 1847 - 1860, May 2006.
- R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, "Reliable channel regions for good binary codes transmitted over parallel channels," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 52, no 4, pp. 1405-1424, Apr. 2006.
- R. Liu, P. Spasojevic, and E. Soljanin, "On the weight spectrum of good linear binary codes," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 51, no 12, pp. 4369-4373, Dec. 2005.
- J. Luo, R. Yates, and P. Spasojevic, "Service outage based power and rate allocation for parallel fading channels," IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 51., no 7, pp. 2594- 2611, July 2005.
spasojev @ winlab.rutgers.edu
CoRE 504 / WINLAB 113